Denver Foam® is chemically inert and resists oil, gasoline and most solvents. The material is odorless and will not stain. The open cell construction eliminates the out-gassing and cold flow problem associated with closed cell polyethylene Backer Rods. The sealant also has the benefits of a 2-sided cure.
Select a Denver Foam® size large enough to absorb the pressure during sealant tooling. The open cell structure of Denver Foam'® allows the installer to stretch the rod if the joint narrows (90% elongation). There are no gas cells to rupture.
- Density: 1.7 lbs/ft3 ASTM D 1622
- Tensile: 25 lbs/sq inch ASTM D 1623
- Water Absorption: ≤ 0.107 g/cm3 ASTM C 1016 - Proc. B
- Out Gassing: None Open Cell
- Temperature Service Range: -60ºF to +500ºF
- U.S. Department of Commerce National Institute of Standards
- Auto Ignition: 700-800ºF
- Elongation: 90% ASTM D 3574
- Air Flow: 90% ASTM D 3574
- Compression set 5% or less (after 80% compression for 30 days) ASTM D 3574